We are officially under the 40 day to go mark until Christmas Camp 2011 begins. Time is flying by as we get ready for the arrival of our 12 orphan guests, their caregiver, and our two translators from Ukraine.
Here are some items of news/prayer/praise as camp approaches:
- Things are progressing well in getting visas for our travel party. The kids and orphanage staff had their appointment at the US embassy today, and we heard that all went smoothly. We are appreciative for all the great work that the Consular Section of the US Embassy in Kyiv does to process these visas and to make it possible for these kids to travel. Kudos!!!
- Pray for the hearts of the kids that are coming. God has a special plan for their lives, and this trip is part of it. Please join us in asking God to prepare them for all that they will expereince and to use it to encourage them and to show them His love.
- Please pray for our team. We are in 100%, full speed ahead camp preparation mode. Pray that God will maximize our time and focus as we prepare, and that He will prepare us for the task of pouring into these kids.
- Please continue to pray that God will provide the resources that we need for camp. We are still a little short of our financial needs to accomplish this year’s camp. We are confident in God and His provision. We covet your prayers as we faithfully ask and
Image by ???????????? via Flickr
trust God for what we need.
- This year, we have partnering churches/ministries in Gulfport. Jackson, MS, and New Orleans who will be hosting the group for a day as well as a number of churches/ministries/individuals from throughout the Southeast that will be joining us to take part in camp. Thanks for including them in your prayers. They are important to us, and we can’t wait to see what God is going to do with and through them!!!
Well, that’s it for now. We would love to hear from you. Give us a shout on twitter (@promise_139) or email us at info@promise 139.