TIme is flying by, nad we are fast approaching the anticipated arrival of our Ukrainian guests. Here are some specific things that you can be praying for this week as our preparations continue.
- Some of those selcted to travel have a visa interview appointment at the US embassy on November 18. This will mean travel to Kyiv for 6 of the kids and a caregiver, and a number of other logistical details to be worked out (wiring money, etc.). Please pray that everything will go smoothly, that everyone will have safe travel, and that all visas will be granted without difficulty.
- The children who have been selected to come by the Children’s Home Director have been informed that they have been chosen. Each of the two previous years, health issues or travel documents have prevented some of the selected children from actually coming to Mississippi. Please pray that all the children will remain well and eligible to travel.
- Please pray for the orphanage caregiver who will be accompanying the children. She is taking on many extra tasks (paperwork, travel, etc.) to make this trip possible. Please pray for her strength and safety as she accomplishes these tasks.
- Please pray for our Ukrainian translators who will be traveling with the group. They are a crucial part of our team. Pray that they are physically and emotionally well and ready for the task.
- Pray for the P139 Board and key volunteers who are attempting to complete the camp schedule, coordinate travel, plan activities, plan meals, prepare devotionals, and many other details.
Thank you for praying with us. We will be updating our prayer needs at least weekly as camp approaches. Please check back for updates!